Saturday, January 23, 2010

72-hour kits!

I was asked to post what is in my 72-hour kits, so here's the list:

3 packages of Ramen Noodles
2 packages of crackers
3 packages of oatmeal
2 packages of fruit snacks
1 packages of peanuts
3 packages of hot chocolate
3 granola bars
1 2oz. pkg of trail mix
1 5 stick pack of gum
3 sticks of beef jerky
2 4oz. cans of fruit
9 jolly ranchers

That will take care of the food portion. Everything will fit in a gallon plastic baggy. Put the gum in a mini baggy and then inside the gallon baggy (this will keep it from making everything else taste like mint).
3 capri suns


These will fit in a quart baggy.
The 72 hour kits are good for one year, so write the date that you packed them all on the front of the baggies.

You can also check out Food Storage Made Easy for their ideas on 72 hour kits.

I think I'm actually going to make two more 72 hour kits using the ideas on FSME (Food Storage Made Easy) and then put my already made ones in the trunk of my car, along with 3 or 4 two liter bottles of water. Then if I ever get stranded anywhere, I will be set.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, thank you for posting your 72 hour kit list. I really appreciate it! Your blog has helped me be more excited about food storage! Val

    ReplyDelete